For many families, humans aren’t the only ones causing a ruckus in the house. Although our pets are irreplaceable, they definitely give us a few extra things to do at home.
For people with pet allergies, the battle is incredibly difficult. Many people deal with these allergies. The common misconception is that the allergies react when in contact with dog and cat hair. Many other factors can cause allergy symptoms.
Here are some allergy facts and things you can do to protect people with allergies and improve overall health:
Pet dander can cause many forms of allergic reactions. Symptoms can be mild to severe and include:
- Rashes/Skin Irritations
- Watery/Red/Itchy Eyes
Ways To Reduce Allergic Reactions
Allergic reactions occur when the body’s immune system releases antibodies to fight off a substance that it believes is harmful. Antibodies cause allergy symptoms. As people are exposed for long periods of time, they can develop asthma.
There are many ways to reduce allergy symptoms, and improve long-term health. Here are a few:
- Maintain clean air ducts. By hiring a qualified professional to clean your air ducts, built up dander is removed and surfaces inside the air ducts are clean to have a more pure airflow in your home.
- Focus on your home’s air filtration system. Use a HEPA Filter and run it for a few hours daily. HEPA filters catch airborne particles of pet dander and circulate air.
- Clean & vacuum carpets, furniture, and curtains on a frequent basis. Steam cleaning is best for long-term cleanliness but even a lint roller is a good temporary fix.
- Regularly bathe your pet. The dander will go down the drain instead of lingering in your living space
- Dust and Wipe all surfaces
What To Know About Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning helps provide a more pure airflow inside of your home. Air circulates through homes up to seven times per day. As air circulates, allergens and other harmful particles can settle into air ducts and then proceed to be redistributed amongst the air that you breathe in your home everyday.
Although eliminating all pet dander is unrealistic, you have a much better chance at avoiding allergy symptoms and long term breathing issues by maintaining a clean air filtration system in your home. Always make sure you have a qualified contractor to ensure the job is done according to safety protocols.